January 20, 2022
In the context of the capacity building process for its experts, the TRA
took action by training high potential staff members to be prepared to face the challenges related to cyber threats at a National level. In that regard, on December 13-17, 2021, TRA Experts participated in a hands-on "Cyber Threat Intelligence"
training workshop held at the Lebanese University Central Administration. Eng. Said Haidar
– Type Approval, QoS and Standards Manager and Member of the National Cybersecurity Committee, Eng. Manal Shihab
– Senior Software Engineer, and Eng. Habib Samaha
– General Technical Expert represented the TRA.
This event was presented by Mr. Samuel Hassine
- Director, Security Strategy & Operations at Tanium and Former Head of Cyber Threat Intelligence at ANSSI. It was concluded by an assembly meeting of the National Cybersecurity Committee Members at the Grand Serail, Lebanon on December 17, 2021.
The aim of the workshop was to bring together experts from all Lebanese authorities to reinforce their skills and capacities in reacting to the cyber threats and cyber organized crimes and securing their organizations against any cyberattacks. It tackled main issues related to:
- Cyber threat intelligence
- How to build a CTI sharing community
- Hands-on intrusion set tracking, capitalization and sharing
- Implementation and steps forward
This workshop is one of a series of training workshops held under the umbrella of the Advance Counter Terrorism for Lebanon security (ACT Lebanon)
, a project for setting the implementation of a CTI roadmap for Lebanon. This project is funded by the European Union
and led by the International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policy (FIIAPP)
represented by Mr. Cyril Cuivillier
, in collaboration with the Presidency of the Council of Ministers
represented by Dr. Lina Oueidat
- the National ICT Coordinator and a member of the National Committee for Cyber Crime at the General Secretariat of the High Council of Defense.