The TRA has issued the “Human EMF Exposure Limit Regulation” draft for consultation with the objective of protecting the public and workers from adverse health effects arising from exposure to EMF in the living and working environments through establishing limits on human exposure to EMF in the frequency range 0 to 300 GHz. This document will ensure that telecom equipment does not cause any damage to the telecommunications network, safety and public health. The health impact of exposure to EMF emissions on the public and workers falls within the mandate of Article 23 of the Telecommunications Law.
The human EMF exposure limit regulation addresses the following subjects:
- Two kinds of EMF exposure limits (Basic restrictions and Reference levels)
- Appropriate compliance procedures
- Responsibility of service providers and TRA
- Measurement of electromagnetic fields
The “Human EMF Exposure Limit Regulation” was launched for consultation in English and Arabic. Interested parties were requested to submit their feedback before the 11th of December, 2009* after having reviewed the following documents:
* The “Human EMF Exposure Limit Regulation” consultation closing date was extended from November 27th 2009 till December 11th 2009 further to stakeholders request.